Hey Girl Gang! Happy Wednesday and Holiday week! Here are some of our pulls for this week!
- DC Bombshells #5 (DC Comics) – Wonder Woman leads an American infantry division against the Nazis. What more do you want in a comic book? Expect more incredible art and clever one-liners as this series continues. Save it and read it to calm yourself down when your uncle says something racist at the Thanksgiving table.
- Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #2 (Marvel) – I know I repeat this every month, but Unbeatable Squirrel Girl is one of the best series out there right now, and if you aren’t reading it you are actively preventing yourself from being happier. I don’t think anyone can get through an issue of Squirrel Girl without laughing out loud at least twice. In the new story arc starting in this issue, Squirrel Girl goes back in time and erased from history! Only her roommate Nancy remembers that she existed! Its up to the two of them to get Doreen back to the present and remembered again.
- Saga #31 (Image) – Y’all. We did it. We survived the Great Saga Hiatus of 2015. It was really hard and we almost didn’t make it, but we did. And our patience will be rewarded – with a brand new issue of Saga! In this issue a new story arc begins, starting after a time jump to Hazel starting kindergarten. Although I totally understand that comic creators deserve a much-needed break after producing issue after issue for many consecutive months, I’m so freaking happy this great series is finally back.
- Angela Queen of Hel #2 (Marvel) – Angela finally comes face-to-face with Sera – and it may not quite be a warm and fluffy reunion. Her quest gets a little more difficult as she discovers that she can’t just save Sera and leave – she must conquer all of Hel and rewrite its rules in order to save Sera and herself. Nbd. She’s got this.
- Silk #1 (Marvel) – I’m going to be honest. Some of the Spider-verse series just don’t interest me. I don’t know why. I try to read them but I end up getting distracted or switching to something else. That being said, Silk is NOT one of those series. Silk is really something special and definitely worth the read. Cindy Moon stands out as a unique member of the Spider-verse. You can’t help but be on her side, even as she starts to go down a definite villain-shaped path. As her series restarts in this issue, she’s teamed up with Black Cat, which should lead to some interesting events.
- Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #1 (Marvel) – Moon Girl is a brand new superhero and this is her first issue ever. She’s a pre-teen genius with big dreams, but she realizes she’s gonna need some help to change the world. How about a prehistoric sidekick? You should pick up this comic for multiple reasons. First off, I think its gonna be really good. Second, this comic is a rare example of a company listening to what fans want (more female characters, more diversity) and actually responding with that exact media. I’m really happy with Marvel for this book and I hope that its success shows other companies that giving fans what they want actually works.
If you’ll be with your family for Thanksgiving, have a great time and don’t let the offensive statements from family members get you down. And eat lots of mashed potatoes for me. If you’re like me and don’t get to go home for Thanksgiving this year, do what I’m going to do and read some of these comics to make your Thanksgiving meal of week-old leftover pizza taste slightly less bitter.
Happy Wednesday Girl Gang!
What other titles should we be picking up that we should be adding to this list or don’t know about? Let us know in the comments or at firstname.lastname@example.org!